• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tigandeey

What is the name of your state? PA I have a custody and visitation order in PA. It doesn't say that I can't relocate. I want to move, do I have to inform anyone first ? Also, the person who shares custody I don't believe is the real father but he refuses to take a paternity test. He hasn't paid child support in three months. Is there anything I can do to change any of this. Everytime I try it seems like there is nothing I can do. I don't think it's right that a little girl should be left alone with someone who may not even be her father. Please help !!!

nextwife

" Also, the person who shares custody I don't believe is the real father but he refuses to take a paternity test. He hasn't paid child support in three months."

Sounds as though you wanted him to be the father when you named him in the CS filing. Why would you have accepted CS from him if you do not believe he is the father?

Or is it only now that you want to move that you are disputing the paternity?

T

tigandeey

There has always been a question. For medical reasons I was not able to go full term and the dates did not match to when I was with this person. When I went through domestics I asked for a test but he refused to take one from the start and just agreed to pay. Unfortunitly it seems like they cared more about the money then my daughter's best interest. That is why I am trying to see if there is anything I can do on my own.

haiku

tigandeey said:
There has always been a question. For medical reasons I was not able to go full term and the dates did not match to when I was with this person. When I went through domestics I asked for a test but he refused to take one from the start and just agreed to pay. Unfortunitly it seems like they cared more about the money then my daughter's best interest. That is why I am trying to see if there is anything I can do on my own.
ahh, no...whatever the reasons YOU as the mother did not have to accept this guy as the father. but you did. The authorities would not have cared had you not named him.

T

tigandeey

I wish the system actually worked that way. I explained the whole circumstances figuring that they would check and make sure. Not just leave a child to someone without being sure, but I was wrong. I was abused by this man and it was very hard to finally get away from him. He has now found out my new address and that is the reason I wish to relocate. He was a possibility, weather I liked that fact or not. I was under the assumption that the truth would have to be found out first, obviously I was wrong. If I knew that anyone who wanted to pay a small weekly fee could be called a father believe me, I would have picked a man who didn't need to beat a woman to prove he was a man. I want what is best for my child, nothing more.

nextwife

Still, was he the ONLY man you named as the father? Are you trying to tell us you NAMED the biofather also, but CSE CHOSE to only pursue this man?

He was NOT found to be the father for CS accidentally. YOU named him. Maybe he did not want to fork over hundreds of dollars for a DNA test at the time, AND did not know you had been with anyone else.

T

tigandeey

First of all I had already given the money up front for the DNA test. Yes, I named the other person, but the conference with this man was scheduled first. When I went for the conference we were kept in seperate rooms due to his past violence against me. He volunteered to pay the support as long as he didn't have to take the test. He started paying and the other conference was cancelled. As I said before, PA is all about the money. There is no concern for the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">