• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reney431

What is the name of your state? FL

I am the custodial parent of my children. I recently remarried. My ex is now threatening to take me back to court to get custody.

How do judges look at this. The children have been with me in a stable environment, I provide everthing for them.

Does my ex have to prove that I am unfit or does the judge go by what is in the best interest of the children. He said he would take this to the supreme court.

What should I do to protect myself from losing custody. Are there any steps I should take now>

Thanks

H

hexeliebe

Tell the ex to PISS OFF.

Does my ex have to prove that I am unfit or does the judge go by what is in the best interest of the children
Yes and yes. Both issues must be proven before custody is changed. and simply getting remarried (if that is the ONLY issue) is not enough.

Unless you are not telling the whole story here and there are other issues such as moving to another state or you are marrying a Gila Monster, then your ex is talking out his a$$

R

reney431

Just remarried. He is not happy about someone else raising our sons. Not that he ever really did.

Should I gather evidence against my ex. There is a lot to be had. Did not bring it up in divorce, that is why he gave me custody in the first place.

Thanks

H

hexeliebe

He is not happy about someone else raising our sons.
Who cares? Not me and not the court.

that is why he gave me custody in the first place.
HE did not give you custody, the courts did. Now he will have to prove you either unfit or a danger to the child to have that custody reversed.

Have an attorney review anything the ex files and proceed accordingly. At this point, it's just rambling threats that your ex thinks will bully you into something he wants.

Don't play that game.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">