• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



illinois; my son's father was awared legal and physical custody about 8 years ago, i was not awared visitations. now the father is dying of cancer my son is 10 years old and i have heard that his wife wants to keep him. i have not seen him in 5 years they will not even let me know where they live, where do i stand? i still have my parental rights and me not getting visitations was the court mistake, the custody giving took place in new mexico, but i now live here, they live either here or indiana.

[Edited by nursing4you26 on 05-04-2001 at 10:55 PM]



I don't think you would be next in line if you weren't even allowed visitation. If you want to fight for your children, contact a family law attorney at http://www.attorneypages.com

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential