• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Ms. Lynn

How do I file for custody of my daughter, whom is living with me in the state of Oklahoma to ensure her father doesn't try and take her from me when she visits him.


Senior Member
lots of questions on this one.

are you married? divorced? never been married to him?
is he on the birth certificate?
do both parents reside in the same state?
how old is the child?
does the child have a preference?
do you want to do it pro se or will you retain an attorney?
will the father contest custody?

these things will make a difference.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential