• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Customer not paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jonpaul42

What is the name of your state? NY

A customer (corporation) owes me +/- $1000 from April 2003. My bookkeeper has been dunning them for several months with no success. Last week the owner called and said she will be filing Ch.11 for her company.

I have not received any documents from the bankruptcy court yet so I don't know if what she said is true. Is there anything else I can do at this point besides continued dunning?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Once she's files Bankruptcy, it's all over - - the fat lady has sung.

But, in the meantime, why haven't you filed a claim in Small Claims court? Were you waiting for Christmas? That should have been done months ago, and your bookkeeper is to blame for not having suggested it sooner. Make your bookkeeper pay the $1,000.00 if the debtor goes into Bankruptcy.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">