• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Customer stopped payment on check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TCASWFL

What is the name of your state? FL

I just found out today that I customer who we did some work for at the begining of Aug. stopped payment on the check. What can I do to recover the money owed to my business?

A little background. We performed the work as promised and the next day the customer called to complain about the job. Normally upon compleation all jobs are inspected by either a quality control mgr or at the least a team leader. This job was inspected by the VP of the company and she determined that the customer's complaint was incorrect. However in the name of customer service we decided to send a team back as she requested in an effort to satisfy her. Over the course of 2 days we attempted to reach her 5 times. She runs a small company out of her home and every time we called we were informed that she was out. Each time we left a message with her employees for her to contact us regarding this issue so that we could resolve it.

After attempting to reach her for 2 days with no return call we came to the conclusion that either the items in qustion weren't that important to her or that she was avoiding us. Now today we found out that she has put a stoppayment on the check.

Please let me know what I can do to recover the money that is owed to me from this job, we did everything we agreed to and ever agreed to go back out to her home.

Happy Trails

TCASWFL said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I just found out today that I customer who we did some work for at the begining of Aug. stopped payment on the check. What can I do to recover the money owed to my business?

A little background. We performed the work as promised and the next day the customer called to complain about the job. Normally upon compleation all jobs are inspected by either a quality control mgr or at the least a team leader. This job was inspected by the VP of the company and she determined that the customer's complaint was incorrect. However in the name of customer service we decided to send a team back as she requested in an effort to satisfy her. Over the course of 2 days we attempted to reach her 5 times. She runs a small company out of her home and every time we called we were informed that she was out. Each time we left a message with her employees for her to contact us regarding this issue so that we could resolve it.

After attempting to reach her for 2 days with no return call we came to the conclusion that either the items in qustion weren't that important to her or that she was avoiding us. Now today we found out that she has put a stoppayment on the check.

Please let me know what I can do to recover the money that is owed to me from this job, we did everything we agreed to and ever agreed to go back out to her home.
You sue her, if it is under $5000, then sue her in small claims court.

TCASWFL

Thanks, I wasn't sure if that was the route to go as she gave us a check for payment and then stopped payment. I thought perhaps it may have been along the same lines as a bad check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">