• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cut off from treatment and Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twood99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ
I was injured @ my workplace on 7/17/09, after initially being treated for strained shoulder and neck- MRI revealed SLAP tear (cartlidge) of left shoulder. I was placed on Modified duty, which as a specialized construction tradesman there is no modified duty. I was placed on TTD ( Temp total disability) and financially compensated as well as medical treatment.
I has surgical repair on 09/16, and have been following treatment; involving PT 3 times weekly and home exercises. On Thanksgiving Day I attempted to pull open a door ( which was a "push" door). I felt immediate pain, and almost lost my balance- felt like I jammed my shoulder, as you would a finger with Basketball. I informed Orthopaedic Doc on 12/15, he said " sounds like you really pissed it off" (meaning shoulder). He recommended and administered a cortisone shot to shoulder. Told me to ice it for 3-5 days and it should feel better. I went back to doc.(unscheduled) on 12/22 due to continued and increasing pain and limited motion. He recommended MRI w/ dye.
On 12/28 I received a letter from Workers Compensation adjuster informing me that I would no longer receives treatment or compensation due to my re-injuring of shoulder.
Whats next? I cant believe its legally OK to cut me off only 2 months from surgery, given that normal recovery is 4-6 months. I was not exceeding limitations or disregarding instructions. I have insurance through my union, and want to continue pT so i can return to work.
HELP NeededWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

NLW

You need your doctor to comment on whether your condition is related to your initial injury. Your entitlement to ongoing benefits will be based upon that opinion.

twood99

I went to different Ortho doc, on my own insurance. He indicated, in his opinion it is directly related to work injury. He would direct all inquires to reflect the same. Going to see a workers Comp lawyer tomm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">