• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cymbalta withdrawls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slamina

What is the name of your state? Iowa
Can you help me with problem in Cymbalta withdrawals
I've been on this awful drug for about 8 years and on 3 occasions I accidentally forgot my nighttime dose. I will wake up around 3 a.m. with vivid dreams, nausea, headache, brain zaps, and more that are similar to if not the same as a opioid pain medication withdrawal. My drs. have been of no help and tried me on Prozac while slowly counting the removal of beads within the capsule. That didn't work. I can't get off it. I first noticed and reported this to my doctor in or around 2011. Their reply was basically telling me it was in my head. I've seen there are suits against the company.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but you really need to talk to your doctor(s) about this. If they really don't help, then you need to find another doctor. Suing them won't help relieve the withdrawals.

PayrollHRGuy

I think the OP is talking about suing the maker of the drug, not the doctor.

I get that from the OPs last sentence.

ETA: A Google search of "cymbalta lawsuit" shows a number of links to suits relating to Cymbalta and withdrawl. So many in fact that I wonder if the OP isn't a spam set up.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Iowa
Can you help me with problem in Cymbalta withdrawals
I've been on this awful drug for about 8 years and on 3 occasions I accidentally forgot my nighttime dose. I will wake up around 3 a.m. with vivid dreams, nausea, headache, brain zaps, and more that are similar to if not the same as a opioid pain medication withdrawal. My drs. have been of no help and tried me on Prozac while slowly counting the removal of beads within the capsule. That didn't work. I can't get off it. I first noticed and reported this to my doctor in or around 2011. Their reply was basically telling me it was in my head. I've seen there are suits against the company.
Stop forgetting your pills and the problem will go away. Get a daily (Sunday-Saturday) pill holder.

2940 days and you have only had this issue 3x and was due to your own forgetfulness. IMPO that doesn't = a lawsuit lottery.

quincy

Here is a link to an older FreeAdvice staff-written article on Cymbalta lawsuits and when you should consider suing:

https://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injury-law/drug-toxic_chemicals/cymbalta-lawsuits.htm
And here is a link to another FreeAdvice staff-written article on recognizing Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms:

https://injury-law.freeadvice.com/injury-law/drug-toxic_chemicals/cymbalta-withdrawal-symptoms.htm

It doesn't hurt to consult with a personal injury lawyer for a personal review. Initial appointments are (generally) free and (most) cases are taken on a contingency basis. That said, you could have waited too long to pursue any action.

Last edited:

xylene

"brain zap"

It's a very real and painful neurological symptom of serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor withdrawal.

The OP needs a different psychiatrist, should consider in patient treatment while weaning off the medication. This is a really common issue with this medication and in in the last 2 years doctors have beguin to take it extremely seriously.

The OP should also consider low level ECT as alternative to medications if the condition is treatment resistant (ie the meds don't work or cause unbearable side effects)

Just Blue

It's a very real and painful neurological symptom of serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor withdrawal.

The OP needs a different psychiatrist, should consider in patient treatment while weaning off the medication. This is a really common issue with this medication and in in the last 2 years doctors have beguin to take it extremely seriously.

The OP should also consider low level ECT as alternative to medications if the condition is treatment resistant (ie the meds don't work or cause unbearable side effects)
Thank you Xy for the info...Is it common for someone to go into withdrawal by missing just one pill?

quincy

Thank you Xy for the info...Is it common for someone to go into withdrawal by missing just one pill?
If a dose is missed, the recommendation seems to be to take the missed dose as soon as possible or, if close to the time for the next dose, skip taking the missed dose and just take the next scheduled dose. Do not double up the dose.

Because this seems to be a standard recommendation, it is unlikely that withdrawal symptoms would be severe after one missed dose.

That said, any time the body is deprived of what it is used to having for any period of time (e.g., water, nicotine, caffeine, drugs ...), there can be withdrawal symptoms (e.g., low blood pressure, headaches, nervousness, shakes ...).

Just Blue

If a dose is missed, the recommendation seems to be to take the missed dose as soon as possible or, if close to the time for the next dose, skip taking the missed dose and just take the next scheduled dose. Do not double up the dose.

Because this seems to be a standard recommendation, it is unlikely that withdrawal symptoms would be severe after one missed dose.

That said, any time the body is deprived of what it is used to having for any period of time (e.g., water, nicotine, caffeine, drugs ...), there can be withdrawal symptoms (e.g., low blood pressure, headaches, nervousness, shakes ...).
Per the OP he was apparently suffering severe symptoms for just the one pill...which seems...odd.

quincy

Per the OP he was apparently suffering severe symptoms for just the one pill...which seems...odd.
I agree it seems odd.

I know what I experience without my daily double-dose of coffee, though.

I also know that's not really the same ... but it's all I personally have in the way of comparison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">