• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CYS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Worriedaunt13

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My nieces and nephew were placed with us(me and my parents) by DCFS and then CYS took over the case. We have had them 5 months through them (we have had them longer than them being legally placed with us). CYS suddenly took them new years eve saying it was because of a safety issue but they claimed they could not go into more detail than that.
My sister who lives in the same town about 5 streets away immediately called and asked for them to be placed with her. They claimed they could not because they are too close to my parents house.
They kids have separation anxiety. Two of them have O.D.D, and one of them has autism.
They have previously stated how they hate the court house in our county and have placed the kids in a different county. One of the kids has been separated literally the second day.
Our case worker blocked my moms phone because she kept calling because DCFS said CYS had to provide more of a reason than just safety. CYS said it was a joint decision between them and DCFS to remove the kids, DCFS had no record of the kids being scheduled to be removed. CYS has been avoid our calls.
I am currently trying to move to the county they placed the kids in to see if they will place them with me because apparently the only ones they dont want the kids around is my parents.
They did not inform either parent of them moving the kids and are avoiding the fathers calls. They have not informed either parent of why they moved the kids.
Mom filed for an appeal, but that can take at the least a week but it is not good for the kids mental health to be away from familiar faces that long.
What can we do about this?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I suspect that involvement from DCFS and CYS is clear enough for you to explain. I can't really believe you don't know why this happened.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Venue doesn't change just because placement of the children does. That doesn't make sense to me.

Worriedaunt13

I suspect that involvement from DCFS and CYS is clear enough for you to explain. I can't really believe you don't know why this happened.
My mom started the case to get the kids in school because she thought that was the only option that is why DCFS and CYS are involved.
They came and took the kids because our caseworker lied about never being in my room because I have a lock on the outside because it's an old house and newer door knobs dont fit.
She said she had never been inside my room when she had been inside of it to see the kitten my cat had in there. I had the lock off my door for a while until i was told i could put it back on. She also lied and said my mom never let her talk to the kids alone.
The DCFS investigator said that there was nothing wrong with us and that the kids should not have been taken. The Detective said I had the legal right to have a lock on my door. We also learned the report against us was filed AFTER they took the kids.
CYFS avoiding the DCFS investigators calls and they just told the kids mother when she went to visitation today to redirect the conversation if the kids asked about us

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My mom started the case to get the kids in school because she thought that was the only option that is why DCFS and CYS are involved.
They came and took the kids because our caseworker lied about never being in my room because I have a lock on the outside because it's an old house and newer door knobs dont fit.
She said she had never been inside my room when she had been inside of it to see the kitten my cat had in there. I had the lock off my door for a while until i was told i could put it back on. She also lied and said my mom never let her talk to the kids alone.
The DCFS investigator said that there was nothing wrong with us and that the kids should not have been taken. The Detective said I had the legal right to have a lock on my door. We also learned the report against us was filed AFTER they took the kids.
CYFS avoiding the DCFS investigators calls and they just told the kids mother when she went to visitation today to redirect the conversation if the kids asked about us
The parents should redirect the conversation. YOU are not parties. And being with you is an ADULT matter that doesn't concern them. You need to make sure they (CPS) know that YOU will COOPERATE with anything they want. You shouldn't have a lock on your door in a family home. That gives a negative connotation. So says the GAL answering on this thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">