• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad in distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Vanessa Flaca

Junior Member
TX is the name of my state....
Ex has not complied to divorce decree regarding visitation for the past eight years. In the past, I've tried to prepare a letter stating my visitation rights over the holidays, etc....pursuing this, usually "triggers" (ematurity, hostile attitute towards me and guilt trips towards my kiddo) the ex to place my kid in the MIDDLE (emotionally). I've (& wife) chosen to bite my tongue and let her have her way, regreatibly, without logging events,for the sake of my child's well-being. My kiddo is now eight, but I'm not sure if this is the right age to present all the drama and emotional distress that will happen should I pursue my legal rights....advice please..


Under the Radar Member
You need to document what's going on. That's about the only advice to give you based on the information you provided.


Document what is going on and slam her in court for contempt. Ask for therapy for the child, and a CPS interview to see if she has indeed been told things and had the guilt trip game pulled on her. DON'T you even THINK of asking her yourself. Get an ex-parte hearing and ask the court to refer her to a counselor for therapy and/or a CPS interview. If your ex knows right away, she may threaten the girl and scare her into lying. This is definitely abuse and parental alienation, and PAS resulted in a 10-year-old KILLING his dad last year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential