• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad in Florida Mom and Daughter in NewYork

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i live in the state of Florida, i make $8/hour, work only 80 hour week, minus fed income tax, medicare, and social security, health, life and dental insurances automatically deducted from pay total of $140/per payday, get paid bi-weekly, monthly expenses equal $1300, paying voluntarily $200/month child support through payroll deduction as well as having daughter covered by insurance through work. State of New York where my ex wife is on public assistance since february, 2001 with my daughter. New York State wants more to increase my child support payments to 17% of my gross income, based on previously having worked approximately 25 hours of overtime per payperiod at $12/hour. All overtime has been cancelled. My income, deductions and expenses will not leave me enough to pay what NY State is asking for as well as not able to continue paying what was agreed upon. Due to health reasons am unable to work a second job. All of this on top of having to appear in New York State before the Family Court. i am unable to get to NYS, as well as not able to make any type of visitation with my daughter which has not been restricted except by phone. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential