• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad is a jerk off literally

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KPOST

You don't have to keep posting the link. Whether or not you believe a crime has been committed is largely irrelevant.

What about FOYA (what is that?) makes you believe that you have the right to obtain a copy of the confidential report?
It's actually the police report that I called in and the Freedom Of Information Act (FOYA) says I should have access to the police report. They aren't refusing to send the report. They keep saying the report has not been completed and to apply again in 30 days.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's actually the police report that I called in and the Freedom Of Information Act (FOYA) says I should have access to the police report. They aren't refusing to send the report. They keep saying the report has not been completed and to apply again in 30 days.
It is NOT FOYA -- It is FOIA. And you can't get a report that doesn't exist.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It is FOIA (Freedom of Information Act)

If the report isn't done, then the report isn't done. Wait.

KPOST

Then why haven't you gone to court regarding this and done the APPROPRIATE thing by getting orders prohibiting anyone from consuming alcohol while the child is in custody.
Again, the masturbation thing is a non starter. But seriously, you are handling this inappropriately.
Thank you. I'm starting to understand that even though appalling to most people the Masturbation in itself may not be a crime.
The reason I am on here is to learn how to handle this properly. So far I'm not getting very far and feel like I am upsetting people which is not my intention at all. Please advise.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you. I'm starting to understand that even though appalling to most people the Masturbation in itself may not be a crime.
The reason I am on here is to learn how to handle this properly. So far I'm not getting very far and feel like I am upsetting people which is not my intention at all. Please advise.
I just did. Go to court and modify the orders so that no custodian can drink while the child is with them. CPS will expect you to take steps to protect the children since you have custody. If you don't, then you can find that the child is removed from your custody as well.

KPOST

I just did. Go to court and modify the orders so that no custodian can drink while the child is with them. CPS will expect you to take steps to protect the children since you have custody. If you don't, then you can find that the child is removed from your custody as well.
Ohiogal, Thank you! I will submit the paperwork ASAP to get this in place. I really appreciate your input. I have no money to hire a lawyer and any information like this is helpful.

KPOST

The law does require KNOWINGLY: person shall not knowingly make any open or indecent exposure of his or her person or of the person of another.

Hence a crime was NOT committed.
Okay. Thank you for this information. I thought the fact that he knew his son could walk out at any time and deciding to masturbate on the couch where he could see him as soon as he walks out of his bedroom would constitute the "public" place but I understand it is his private home. If I masturbated in my front window of my house and you see me then I would think that justifies as public and you would be able to press charges even if in my own home. Is it different because they are related?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I really don't know how I missed the "knowingly" in the law - sorry for the red herring there.

KPOST

Who has custody? You or him? If you, then calling CPS does you no good. Why don't YOU know the laws of what you should do in this type of situation? When you were a kid did you ever walk in your parents having sex?
I did walk in on them but they were in their bedroom not the living room. "Why don't YOU know the laws of what you should do in this type of situation?" That is really why I am on here. This happened and I didn't / don't know the laws in this situation and you are helping educate me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for that.

KPOST

Thank you EVERYONE! I have some new education (some of it the hard way LOL) I have a direction to look and start working towards. I'm going to follow the advise of Ohiogal and move forward on getting orders prohibiting anyone from consuming alcohol while My son is in their custody. My husband and I are non drinkers so that is no problem on my end. Thank you again Ohiogal and everyone else that commented.
I am frustrated and sickened with the whole issue. I hope my frustration didn't upset anyone. I was feeling some backlash and I never ever intended that. I am sorry.
My son has asked me to seek full custody as his dad is mean and verbally abusive to him when at his house especially when he gets drunk. My son begs to not have to go there and cries when leaving. Won't hug his dad, won't talk to him and wants nothing to do with him. So far CPS has been next to helpless. They can't give legal advise. Any advise in this would be helpful as it is extremely hard to have to force him to go see a tyrannical drunk and have to stay the weekend in that situation. I cry every time he has to go and I don't want to anymore.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">