• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad passed away 2 years ago and i didnt recieve notice or anything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rubylee1127

I'm in florida. My dad passed away 2 years ago the 16th and I was never listed as a next of kin or anything he didnt have a will and they couldnt get ahold of my sister so they appointed my dads brother and he took everything and sold it to my knowledge. I confronted him yesturday and he told me that my sister got everything. My dad had a truck, a car, a trailer, a harley, collectables, etc. I was adopted my my dad when I was 8 so he is my legal father. I am out of the loop when it comes to his family they pretty much told me I'm not his daughter and I have no rights to his things. Is there anyway that I can get his things and ashes still?

Mass_Shyster

Note: I do not practice in probate court, and I don't practice in Florida.

You can check the Florida Court website and see if her estate has gone through the probate process. Broward County is here: https://www.browardclerk.org/Web2/ . I just searched for my mother's estate and saw that the will had been filed, and all of my siblings and I filed "Joinder, Waiver, and Consent".

It sounds like you may need an attorney to reopen probate and challenge the distribution of assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">