• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dad wanting to keep our daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Blue345

What is the name of your state? California

i live in California and have been going through power outages to reduce fire risk. There's been 7 days of no school in 3 weeks because of it. My ex and i have 2 daughters together and we live an hour apart. Our oldest lives with him and our youngest lives with me and they are together every weekend either at my house or his. Per our court order 4 years ago i am custodial parent to both but let my oldest daughter move back because she had roots there.
So now he says he wants my youngest because she's missing too much school because of these outages. He lives in city so isn't experiencing them. Utility company says these outages could go on over 10 years. We're talking about 2+ days at a time with no power multiple times now.
I have been very stressed trying to work and deal with no power and at first i asked him to take our daughter during this week with power outages so i could still work. He then pressured me into saying yes she can move with him and go to school. Its been 3 days and i have tried telling him that i don't want to rush this decision and he refuses to let me disagree with him. I know im not being assertive but ive always been like this with him because of his intimidation. It's now the middle of the week, school is STILL closed here and she hasn't been enrolled down there yet either but i don't want to agree to her moving if she can make up the missed school days per the school's policy. They should obviously have a plan in place my kid isn't the only one going through this.
So my question is, can i get my child back even if he has a few messages from me giving into his demands? She's still in limbo and i don't want my second daughter to leave the only school she's ever been to. She's 7 if that matters. Do i have to call the potential school he wants to put her in and say i don't agree to this as her custodial parent? Am i wrong for thinking she should stay with me? He's really gotten in my head and I'm doubting everything.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? California

i live in California and have been going through power outages to reduce fire risk. There's been 7 days of no school in 3 weeks because of it. My ex and i have 2 daughters together and we live an hour apart. Our oldest lives with him and our youngest lives with me and they are together every weekend either at my house or his. Per our court order 4 years ago i am custodial parent to both but let my oldest daughter move back because she had roots there.
So now he says he wants my youngest because she's missing too much school because of these outages. He lives in city so isn't experiencing them. Utility company says these outages could go on over 10 years. We're talking about 2+ days at a time with no power multiple times now.
I have been very stressed trying to work and deal with no power and at first i asked him to take our daughter during this week with power outages so i could still work. He then pressured me into saying yes she can move with him and go to school. Its been 3 days and i have tried telling him that i don't want to rush this decision and he refuses to let me disagree with him. I know im not being assertive but ive always been like this with him because of his intimidation. It's now the middle of the week, school is STILL closed here and she hasn't been enrolled down there yet either but i don't want to agree to her moving if she can make up the missed school days per the school's policy. They should obviously have a plan in place my kid isn't the only one going through this.
So my question is, can i get my child back even if he has a few messages from me giving into his demands? She's still in limbo and i don't want my second daughter to leave the only school she's ever been to. She's 7 if that matters. Do i have to call the potential school he wants to put her in and say i don't agree to this as her custodial parent? Am i wrong for thinking she should stay with me? He's really gotten in my head and I'm doubting everything.
Go get your daughter. Do not let him bully you. Follow the court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">