• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad wants to give up rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? CA

My sons father wants to give up his rights to our son and further more wants for my husband, whos been his step dad for the last 3 years to adopt him.
if anyone knows how we go about doing this please advise ???


Senior Member
Better yet, have your husband do a search of the archives as well, as he is the one who would be the adoptor. He should fully understand all the implications. We've seen more than enough posts on here from persons who evidentally did not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential