• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daddys Not At Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brisgirl825

Shirley75 said:
The father picks the kids up on Friday and leave on Saturday morning and dont come back. He does not spend any morning's or nights with his kids. I believe that the stepmom is ok. But when daddy is away the kids need to come back to momma. I would like to know more about this first refusal thing. Is it in the state of Tx? Where can I find out about this at?
Google.
You really want to spend the money to go back to court for first right of refusal? Good luck.

casa

Shirley75 said:
The father picks the kids up on Friday and leave on Saturday morning and dont come back. He does not spend any morning's or nights with his kids. I believe that the stepmom is ok. But when daddy is away the kids need to come back to momma. I would like to know more about this first refusal thing. Is it in the state of Tx? Where can I find out about this at?
Right of First Refusal is written into court orders when both parents consent- or when the parent requesting it can prove it would be in the children's best interest. It would mean that if/when one parent is not able to care for the child(ren) for more than X amount of hours <depending, usually somewhere between 8-24 hours> the other parent is able to have the child(ren) during that time. This would be unless the child(ren) are in school or daycare during that time.

You can look up the guidelines in TX Family Code.

Be aware, you will also have to live by the same order- if you were to go back to work or if you were to ever leave your children with family or your new husband.

CJane

Shirley75 said:
But when daddy is away the kids need to come back to momma. I would like to know more about this first refusal thing. Is it in the state of Tx? Where can I find out about this at?
Why do they 'need' to come home to you. Particularly if you're ok with the step-mom?

Shirley75

Thank you, I will look it up. And I will talk to a lawyer about this. The Kids wont to spend time w/Daddy not spend time w/stepmom. Daddy has to work and I understand that but, he needs to spend time with the kids when he has them. Not run off to a job that takes him away from his kids. This is everyweek not just once or twice a year.

BelizeBreeze

Shirley75 said:
Thank you, I will look it up. And I will talk to a lawyer about this. The Kids wont to spend time w/Daddy not spend time w/stepmom. Daddy has to work and I understand that but, he needs to spend time with the kids when he has them. Not run off to a job that takes him away from his kids. This is everyweek not just once or twice a year.
Thank you, I will look it up. And I will talk to a lawyer about this. The Kids wont to spend time w/Mommy not spend time w/stepdad. Mommy has to work and I understand that but, she needs to spend time with the kids when she has them. Not run off to a job that takes her away from her kids. This is everyweek not just once or twice a year.

you're playing a very dangerous game.

CJane

Shirley75 said:
We are talking about 2 kids ages 3 and 6. Not a Car or something.
Yeah. My kids are now 8 and 5 - when I divorced, they were 3 and 6. Your point?

The kids don't HAVE to be with either you or dad. There's a whole world of people out there that are perfectly capable of caring for children, and occasionally, your kids are going to be left with them. If dad thinks that the kids staying with step-mom while he works is acceptable, and you don't have issues with the actual care that the kids receive, this really isn't your business.

If you're going to take this to court, you'd better have serious documentation to back up your claims that he's 'never there'. AND, you should probably be willing to allow him visitation on the days he has off, if the weekends are difficult for him - which might mean that you give him 2 or 3 weekday overnights instead.

Shirley75

CJane said:
Yeah. My kids are now 8 and 5 - when I divorced, they were 3 and 6. Your point?

The kids don't HAVE to be with either you or dad. There's a whole world of people out there that are perfectly capable of caring for children, and occasionally, your kids are going to be left with them. If dad thinks that the kids staying with step-mom while he works is acceptable, and you don't have issues with the actual care that the kids receive, this really isn't your business.

If you're going to take this to court, you'd better have serious documentation to back up your claims that he's 'never there'. AND, you should probably be willing to allow him visitation on the days he has off, if the weekends are difficult for him - which might mean that you give him 2 or 3 weekday overnights instead.
When he is at home to spend time with his kids then he can spend time with his kids. That is ok. But when he goes out of town he brings the kids home.

CJane

Shirley75 said:
When he is at home to spend time with his kids then he can spend time with his kids. That is ok. But when he goes out of town he brings the kids home.
Yeah, you let all of us know how that goes.

Zephyr

Shirley75 said:

Shhirley- I don't mean to be mean here but are you really missing the point that has been being made over and over and over again here? legally you don't have the right to make those decisions. it is highly unlikely the judge would order such a situation. please resolve yourself to the idea that you won't be able to change this particular situation.

gsxr2fast4u

Hate to burst your bubble but not all dads are dead beats as you make them out to be. I have custody of my son and deal w/a mother that only participates in his life whe she damn well pleases. She's not eve bothered for child support but still runs around crying victim all the time. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be getting screwed sideways. You may want to keep generalized statements to your self since apparently the mothers can be dead beats too.

Shirley75

WANNACRY said:
Shhirley- I don't mean to be mean here but are you really missing the point that has been being made over and over and over again here? legally you don't have the right to make those decisions. it is highly unlikely the judge would order such a situation. please resolve yourself to the idea that you won't be able to change this particular situation.
Thank you, I wont be able to change this particular situation.
Thank you, I have no leg to stand on.
Thank you, This what I needed to here, Legally
Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

Shirley75 said:
What a frikkin' controlling bitch. PLEASE tell the judge that. In exactly THOSE words.

:rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

Shirley75 said:
Thank you, I wont be able to change this particular situation.
Thank you, I have no leg to stand on.
Thank you, This what I needed to here, Legally
Thank you.
And this is exactly what you were told over and over again.

IDIOT!

Shirley75

gsxr2fast4u said:
Hate to burst your bubble but not all dads are dead beats as you make them out to be. I have custody of my son and deal w/a mother that only participates in his life whe she damn well pleases. She's not eve bothered for child support but still runs around crying victim all the time. I'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be getting screwed sideways. You may want to keep generalized statements to your self since apparently the mothers can be dead beats too.
I didn't say that ALL Dads are dead beats. And YES Mothers can be dead beats to. I know some of both. I am sure that you are a Great Father I hope that you spend each night at home with your son. Kids needs both Parents to be there for them.

His New Wife has told me that the only reason that he wonts visitation is so that he dont have to pay child support. This is not right for the kids. But, legally I have no leg to stand on. I can't do anything about it. The kids have to pay the price. I should have never married him in the First Place. This is all my fault for having kids and putting them into this kind of problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">