• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daddys Not At Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shirley75

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

During the time of Daddys visitation he is working and not at home. The kids only gets to see him 1 or 2 days during visitation. Is there anything that I can do to get the kids back and only allow him visitation when he is at home.

brisgirl825

Only if you have the first right of refusal clause in your COs. Otherwise, dad is allowed to have a competent babysitter.

BelizeBreeze

Shirley75 said:

During the time of Daddys visitation he is working and not at home. The kids only gets to see him 1 or 2 days during visitation. Is there anything that I can do to get the kids back and only allow him visitation when he is at home.
Of course you can. Just tell the judge you're willing to give up custody during the times you are not at home, including the child support prorated for those times. :rolleyes:

usmcfamily

Do *you* spend 24/7 with your children??
It is completely unrealistic to expect him to be able to maintain the job he needs to provide the child support you collect AND be able to forgo working when the children are in his custody. He has to work. It isn't as if he is sticking them in daycare during his parenting time so that he can go out and party, have a vacation, etc.

Shirley75

There's NO Child Support

usmcfamily said:
Do *you* spend 24/7 with your children??
It is completely unrealistic to expect him to be able to maintain the job he needs to provide the child support you collect AND be able to forgo working when the children are in his custody. He has to work. It isn't as if he is sticking them in daycare during his parenting time so that he can go out and party, have a vacation, etc.
Yes he has to work but if he wonts to spend time with his children then he can find a job that is close to home and be home with the kids. This daddy does not pay child support. Yes, I do spend 24/7 with the kids when they are not in school. :) :)

BelizeBreeze

Shirley75 said:
Yes he has to work but if he wonts to spend time with his children then he can find a job that is close to home and be home with the kids. This daddy does not pay child support. Yes, I do spend 24/7 with the kids when they are not in school. :) :)
I nominate you then for "Bitch of the week".

Try this in front of a judge PLEASE! And let us know how your ass feels after he/she's chewed on it.

Simply put, you have no legal right to tell the children's father how to spend his visitation, as he has no right how to tell you to spend your time with the little brats.

Shirley75

I never get to see my daddy he is all ways at work.

BelizeBreeze said:
I nominate you then for "Bitch of the week".

Try this in front of a judge PLEASE! And let us know how your ass feels after he/she's chewed on it.

Simply put, you have no legal right to tell the children's father how to spend his visitation, as he has no right how to tell you to spend your time with the little brats.
Why do they call it Visitation? If daddy is not at home to visit.

dncustom

She's Full Of Crap!!!!

I nominate her too, for "BITCH OF THE WEEK"
She makes all dads look so bad and feel so "sorry" for her.

Shirley75

dncustom said:
I nominate her too, for "BITCH OF THE WEEK"
She makes all dads look so bad and feel so "sorry" for her.
No, I am not saying that all dads or this way. It is not me that I wont you to feel sorry for. I am thinking what is best for the Kids. They wont to spend time with there father but he does not wont to spend time with his kids. He only wonts to kids so that he does not have to pay support. In this case father is a drug user, wife beater and has pulled his 4 year old son out of the bath tub by his ear. We have been to court twice with with CPS support. But, daddy and wife say that it does not happen. Even thow the child says that it does and tells CPS and the Cops that it does happen. Each time that we go to court Daddy quites his job so that he does not have to pay support. A Child needs to spend time with both parents.

So if you wont to noimate me as the "Bitch of the Week" this is fine. I for one only wonts what is best for the kids.

BelizeBreeze

Shirley75 said:
No, I am not saying that all dads or this way. It is not me that I wont you to feel sorry for. I am thinking what is best for the Kids.
and they will feel just great when you tell them "Sorry, but you can't go to dad's this weekend because he will only be there 16 (or whatever figure) hours a day.
They wont to spend time with there father but he does not wont to spend time with his kids.
And neither do you since you work also. RIGHT?
He only wonts to kids so that he does not have to pay support.
And you only want custody so you GET support.
In this case father is a drug user, wife beater and has pulled his 4 year old son out of the bath tub by his ear.
And, of course, you have proven this to the courts? Guess what, unless he has abused the children, he still gets visitation.
We have been to court twice with with CPS support. But, daddy and wife say that it does not happen.
And unless you have proof to the contrary it doesn't, as far as the court is concerned.
Even thow the child says that it does and tells CPS and the Cops that it does happen. Each time that we go to court Daddy quites his job so that he does not have to pay support. A Child needs to spend time with both parents.
And although I agree with that last statement, you still have not proven to the satisfaction of the court what you claim the father is doing.
So if you wont to noimate me as the "Bitch of the Week" this is fine. I for one only wonts what is best for the kids.
then give them up to the father, pay support and YOU get them for visitation. simple huh?

CJane

wAnt!

Ummm... couple of things. It's rather odd that your original post asks about the time that father spends with child, and yet when you don't get the answer you were looking for, he becomes an abusive drug user. Shouldn't THAT be your FIRST concern?

No, you don't have any right to tell dad how he spends (or not) his time with the kids. You're not together for a reason, so stay out of his life. I'm sure you expect him to stay out of yours.

I have 50/50 custody with my ex. Until school started, the kids were in daycare while him and I work during the day. To most people, that's perfectly acceptable. Are you implying that dad shouldn't be allowed to work? And yeah, I saw where you stated he should 'find another job'. You do realize it really isn't that easy, right?

And I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that dad has continually quit his job just to avoid paying child support.

casa

Shirley75 said:

The courts think of it like this: If you were an intact family, he'd be working those hours and still have the right to parent when he was not at work. Now that you are divorced, he still has those same rights. It's common for both parents to work, so the children are at school, care or friends/family while the parents work...the parents then spend time with their children before or after work and on their days off.

Just because you are a stay at home Mom, it doesn't make you any better of a parent than one who works outside of the home. If you were working, someone else would be caring for the children while you were at work. Would you appreciate the father then saying you should not have your time with the children?

During parenting time-either parent has the right to find suitable childcare for work, going out etc. The only time that is not the case, is if you have Right of First Refusal written into the court order- which means that if a parent is gone for more than X amount of time, the other parent has the option of having the children during that time.

Is the real problem that you don't want the children with the father's g/f or stepmom during that time? :rolleyes:

djohnson

I'm still seconding the weekly award :D

You actually may be doing them more harm by being with them 24/7 and showing them your attitude. The real world, which is jobs and responsibilities, is a good lesson for them to learn. Get over it and get a job and off state funds, as your demeanor, spelling, and type language you use just screams uneducated, unintelligent, trailer trash.

Shirley75

casa said:
The courts think of it like this: If you were an intact family, he'd be working those hours and still have the right to parent when he was not at work. Now that you are divorced, he still has those same rights. It's common for both parents to work, so the children are at school, care or friends/family while the parents work...the parents then spend time with their children before or after work and on their days off.

Just because you are a stay at home Mom, it doesn't make you any better of a parent than one who works outside of the home. If you were working, someone else would be caring for the children while you were at work. Would you appreciate the father then saying you should not have your time with the children?

During parenting time-either parent has the right to find suitable childcare for work, going out etc. The only time that is not the case, is if you have Right of First Refusal written into the court order- which means that if a parent is gone for more than X amount of time, the other parent has the option of having the children during that time.

Is the real problem that you don't want the children with the father's g/f or stepmom during that time? :rolleyes:
The father picks the kids up on Friday and leave on Saturday morning and dont come back. He does not spend any morning's or nights with his kids. I believe that the stepmom is ok. But when daddy is away the kids need to come back to momma. I would like to know more about this first refusal thing. Is it in the state of Tx? Where can I find out about this at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">