• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad's responsibilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? georgia

update on the last post i submitted......ive contacted my local child support recover dept. here in ga, i'm not going to let my ex make me feel guilt about it this time.....(long story)...i have wised up in the last few days and i refuse for him to talk down to me like this....now im back on the site to ask a few questions..... my ex and i are to split health and dental insurance but i cant afford to put him on my health ins..(way to expensive right now) so i have him on peach care...i pay them every 6 months in advanced ($45 for 6 mons) my ex has only paid one time...i let him know at least a month ahead so he can save some money....now it is time for his turn and he said he does not have it...payment due in oct. i also asked if he will help wih school clothes back in june and here it is the first day of school and of course no help...he said i didnt give him a dead line so therefore he does not have to help...needless to say i bought my son's clothes earlier this summer and shoes and other school items..now in the past ive ask for him to help me with school lunches..(split the cost) still nothing...now can i fight fore some extra help....or is this so called 50$ a week to pay for all of this..(which i might add i may get 20% of the time) i know i can take hime back to court.. but that could be so costly not to mention the cost of a new lawyer...oh by the way the threat of him fighting for custody has stoped he claims that "its not worth it" i left that one alone.... an i being petty about all of this or do i can a chance to fight for my sons needs (medical, school, etc)????

thanks you all in advanced for the help:)


Senior Member
Yes the court order for his support is to help cover all those expenses you mentioned.

If he doesn't pay and he doesn't pay for his share of the medical bills the only thing I know of that you can do is have him taken to court for contempt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential