• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dads will is not known by all children, don't they have a right to know?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dadsgirl511

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Louisiana
I live in Louisiana and my father died May 11,2005. My dad adopted me when he was in the military, in fact, they had two of their own and adopted two kids. My mom and I use to be real close up until 3 or 4 years ago. My dad has always loved us all unconditionally but my mom is not like my dad was. She threatens to take me out of her will if I do this or do that; she has even threatened my 12 year old son to take him out of her will for one reason or another. My son is the one grandchild she loves the most and is attached to the most. He helps her all the time, she is legally blind yet he makes sure his mama is safe and doesn't need anything. Her biological son and daughter have not been around much and all of a sudden they are here all the time and doing this and that for her. Especially my sister from TX who never really liked my dad. I don't know what is even in my dad's will and last week before my mom and sister went out of town I found out that the probate will be complete so my sisters daughter can have my dad's car. What can I do to find out what his will says and to prevent this from happening so soon. My brother and my mom are taking things from his office and putting them in a safe deposit box at the bank and her biological kids are the only ones that know what is in there and how much it is worth. Something about this is very suspicious to me and smells like some rats are very busy hiding stuff. Do I have any legal rights to know what is going on?
PLEASE HELP REAL SOON!!!!

Thanks,
dadsgirl511

Dandy Don

Go to the parish courthouse and see if the will has been filed yet. If it has been, you can get a copy of it there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">