• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damage to property stored on rental property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?

OREGON.

A friend provided the building knowledge to me, so that I could rebuild a burned down garage on rental property that I own.

After the structure was finished he asked me if he could store some of his things in the structure. I figured that since he helped me build the structure it would be a nice thing to do; an unsaid quid pro quo.

Now after 3 and half years he has finally moved his stuff out. He never complained to me or the tenants that his stuff was damamged. Last week, my tenant helped him move all his stuff out and never said a word about anything being damaged.

My "friend" is now implying in an email, that I am somehow liable for "supposed" damage done to his property. We never had anything in writting and he never complained, even though he was at the structure many times over the years. Now, only after he has moved it; starts the rumblings. How would I be liabel to him?

Thank you,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">