• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged new vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bh817

Ohio. I recently purchased a band new 2017 Ram 1500. About 3 weeks after buying a deer hit the side and cause a couple small dents. Took to a body shop to get it fixed and was informed that the truck had been damaged in the area before. In fact it had been repainted several times. After calling our salesman he said he had no information on the vehicle being damaged. I'm at a lose. Someone should be responsible for this. I paid full price for a car that has been wrecked and sold as brand new. Looking for advice on what my next step should be.

quincy

Ohio. I recently purchased a band new 2017 Ram 1500. About 3 weeks after buying a deer hit the side and cause a couple small dents. Took to a body shop to get it fixed and was informed that the truck had been damaged in the area before. In fact it had been repainted several times. After calling our salesman he said he had no information on the vehicle being damaged. I'm at a lose. Someone should be responsible for this. I paid full price for a car that has been wrecked and sold as brand new. Looking for advice on what my next step should be.
I suggest you get in writing the mechanic's evaluation (and perhaps get a second evaluation from another mechanic) and take these to the dealer. Demand a new vehicle.

You DO run into problems because you were in an accident that damaged the truck.

You can consult with an attorney in your area if you have problems with the dealer. A letter from an attorney threatening legal action might encourage the dealer to take your concerns seriously.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

Looking for advice on what my next step should be.
I suggest getting a Carfax and see if anything turns up.

Try the Chrysler Corp website to see if there is a record of repairs to the truck. Register and check your VIN

https://www.mopar.com/chrysler/en-us/sign-in.html

Also run your VIN on google and see if something comes up.

At any rate, it's the dealership owner that you want to be talking to, although I wouldn't put it past him lying about it like his employees, but you never know.

LdiJ

I suggest getting a Carfax and see if anything turns up.

Try the Chrysler Corp website to see if there is a record of repairs to the truck. Register and check your VIN

https://www.mopar.com/chrysler/en-us/sign-in.html

Also run your VIN on google and see if something comes up.

At any rate, it's the dealership owner that you want to be talking to, although I wouldn't put it past him lying about it like his employees, but you never know.
Isn't this something that also could have occurred during the manufacturing process? The paint job didn't pass quality control and needed to be redone?

quincy

Isn't this something that also could have occurred during the manufacturing process? The paint job didn't pass quality control and needed to be redone?
Right.

It is not necessarily the dealer who was hiding previous damage. The truck may have been delivered to the dealership in less-than-perfect condition. But, because Bh817 purchased a new vehicle from the dealer, it will be through the dealer that Bh817 needs to seek a resolution.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">