• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damaged Reputation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yoplay

My boss recently questioned me and a female co-worker about an allegation of sexual misconduct.
Upon further investigation, it turned out that "Dumb" told "Dumber" that she walked in on us and we looked "surprised and quilty". In fact, we had been complaining about how we were all dressed up for the opening of a our new medical facility and had to mop and clean the place, which was supposed to have been taken care of by "Dumber".

Dumber, then makes up a story that Dumb caught us in flagrante delicto, and tells her boss. Rather than questioning Dumb, he tells the president of the company. And we find ourselves in our bosses office. Now, the "story" is all over the company.
?? Should I/we consider suing "Dumber" for slander? Could this be done in small claims court? My marriage has suffered and my co-worker is not functioning.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yoplay:
My boss recently questioned me and a female co-worker about an allegation of sexual misconduct.
Upon further investigation, it turned out that "Dumb" told "Dumber" that she walked in on us and we looked "surprised and quilty". In fact, we had been complaining about how we were all dressed up for the opening of a our new medical facility and had to mop and clean the place, which was supposed to have been taken care of by "Dumber".

Dumber, then makes up a story that Dumb caught us in flagrante delicto, and tells her boss. Rather than questioning Dumb, he tells the president of the company. And we find ourselves in our bosses office. Now, the "story" is all over the company.
?? Should I/we consider suing "Dumber" for slander? Could this be done in small claims court? My marriage has suffered and my co-worker is not functioning.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You apparently meet the test for slander, and I would take action - - immediately.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">