• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Damages To Car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I am from Arkansas. My car needed a starter & fly-wheel replaced.
I took it to this mechanic, he was to busy, so he sent me to his other shop. The mechanic at the 2nd shop said it would take about 2 days to do the job. He quoted me a price, I said o.k. After a month, not only was my cooling fan under my hood NOT running, my motor mount was cracked, fumes were coming into my car, you can now start my car without a key, my speedameter wasn't working. So I take the car back and he said he fixed it, I'm driving home and the transmission goes out. The owner of the shop admitted that this guy has totally messed up my car but he will not fix it. Now I have bought a new transmission and have to pay him to put it on. When my car was in the shop the first time the guy left my motor out during a rain storm and water got into the transmission. What legally can I do. I have been without a car for 2 months now, and all I needed was starter and flywheel. Oh I forgot, the mechanic didn't bolt my motor down properly so whenever I push on the brake there is a very loud thump! I would like to take this guy to court, do I have a chance to win?

[This message has been edited by diva31 (edited August 03, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by diva31 (edited August 03, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential