• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dangerous area

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was recently involved in an accident in which i hydroplaned and spun my car around, doing $600 worth of damage. Ive talked to several other people who have had similar accident in the same exact spot. Is there any chance of me suing the state for damages? thank you,


Senior Member
Sure, you can sue the state for damages. Will you win? Probably not. You will have to prove that the design of the roadway is defective and as such is a danger to all that use it. The state can and will have a thousand different defenses to use. They can probably show statistics that that stretch of road is just as safe as any other. The road meets the requirements of state code, etc.......Plus they will show negligence on your part. The speed limit for example may be 40 mph but the safe speed in wet weather is 25. They will say you were going 35, legally under the speed limit but too fast for the conditions. These are just a few examples of what you would be up against. And the cost of a lawyer would far exceed the $600 damage you have. Save your money and invest in a set of Aquatred tires for your car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential