• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dangerous Ignition Interlock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Its safe to say its the device or the installation of the device thats the problem. My car never did this stuff before, and like i said it only happens when im asked to blow into the device.

quincy

Its safe to say its the device or the installation of the device thats the problem. My car never did this stuff before, and like i said it only happens when im asked to blow into the device.
The 2002 Toyota Camry has had owner reports of battery problems (poor charging, frequent replacements) but if the problems you are experiencing only started after the installation of the IID, you are probably right that it is the IID or the installation of it that is the source of your car's woes.

When you take your vehicle in, ask the technicians to take a test drive with you so they can see for themselves what is happening. Perhaps if they better understand the problem, they can fix it.

Good luck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you get in to an accident that you claim is caused by these problems, then you ARE liable. Why? Because you're driving a vehicle that you KNOW to be unsafe.

quincy

If you get in to an accident that you claim is caused by these problems, then you ARE liable. Why? Because you're driving a vehicle that you KNOW to be unsafe.
It is possible he might be held liable or share in liability should an accident occur.

But he has been assured after vehicle inspections that there is nothing wrong with the IID and its installation.

If an accident occurs due to a defect in the part installed, a product liability claim can shift fault to the manufacturer. If an accident occurs due to faulty installation of a part, installation error shifts fault to the installer.

I agree that driving a vehicle with known safety issues is not smart and could wind up being a costly (and dangerous) mistake.

quincy

So i have an update. The shop that installed the device said that they tapped in/connected to the wrong set of ignition wires. Apparently my car has 2 sets of ignition wires. So after they corrected the wiring, my car is free of all those symptoms i stated my car was experiencing.
I am happy that the source of the problem was found and corrected. Thank you for the update.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">