• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Date of 130's receipt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babywxy

I got married with US citizen in China in Oct.2001.Submit I-130 to Texas Service Center in Dec.2001.Entered Houston.US with K3 visa May.2003.Submit 485 July.2003----Question is I happened to check 130's status online yesterday since it has not been approved even after 24 months. What surprised me is that the receipt date of I130, which is supposed to be Dec.2001, changed to the date of receipt of my 485, which is this July. What does this mean?Anything wrong there?and does anybody possibly have any diea about how long it still will take for my 130 to be approved after this 24 months??I got totally confused.Thank you!!

HomeGuru

babywxy said:
I got married with US citizen in China in Oct.2001.Submit I-130 to Texas Service Center in Dec.2001.Entered Houston.US with K3 visa May.2003.Submit 485 July.2003----Question is I happened to check 130's status online yesterday since it has not been approved even after 24 months. What surprised me is that the receipt date of I130, which is supposed to be Dec.2001, changed to the date of receipt of my 485, which is this July. What does this mean?Anything wrong there?and does anybody possibly have any diea about how long it still will take for my 130 to be approved after this 24 months??I got totally confused.Thank you!!
**A: yes, it means that you can have Christmas in July in 2004.

M

MMM2003

I have similar situation. I get married to green card holder in May 2002 and submit in May. Then my husband become US citizen in July 2003 and i submitted I 485 in August. I got another file number for I 130 ( I just submitted copy of the old one as their instruction when I submit I 485). Both of them are still pending. It should be only one file numer but I got 2 file number and 2 receipt but I paid only one time for I 130 application. So it is very confusing but we cannot do anything and we didnot do anything wrong. So let's wait and see.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">