• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter Caught Shoplifting Scared To Death!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SUSIE31

What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
I need some advice my daughter went shopping to Kohls with a friend my daughter is 18 the friend is 17.The friend told my daughter how easy it is to take items from the store and dared her to do the same as her.My daughter being stupid took some stuff total value about $140.00 total.Her so-called friend went home with her parents my daughter was transported to jail.She stayed there from 6:30-1:30 in the morning with us waiting to get her out.1:3o they released her with us not needing to place any bail.This is a 484(a)pc charge misdameanor.I am worried about her upcoming court date coming up.This is a good kid no record,goes to college and has a job.Also a athelic.I am worried about any possible jail time everyone says no only fine

enjay

The first thing you need to do is accept that your daughter made the decision to steal, as did her "so-called friend." Don't blame the friend for what your daughter chose to do.

Your daughter won't go to jail over this. She should ask her lawyer to arrange a pretrial diversion to keep this off her record.

Happy Trails

SUSIE31 said:
What is the name of your state?CALIFORNIA
I need some advice my daughter went shopping to Kohls with a friend my daughter is 18 the friend is 17.The friend told my daughter how easy it is to take items from the store and dared her to do the same as her.My daughter being stupid took some stuff total value about $140.00 total.Her so-called friend went home with her parents my daughter was transported to jail.She stayed there from 6:30-1:30 in the morning with us waiting to get her out.1:3o they released her with us not needing to place any bail.This is a 484(a)pc charge misdameanor.I am worried about her upcoming court date coming up.This is a good kid no record,goes to college and has a job.Also a athelic.I am worried about any possible jail time everyone says no only fine
She can also expect a civil fine from the store.

Related posts:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=271063
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=258257

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">