• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter doesn't want to see Mom, so he says!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



bob in us air force in texas with physical custody of 11 yr. old daughter liz. bob has remarried 2 yrs ago and now has another child. Ex-wife dee is in los angeles, ca. bob says "liz doesn't want to see mom anymore nor talk to her on the phone" and she's writing a letter to explain. dee pays child support and had sent plane tickets for liz' visits to california. bob doesn't give dee any information about daughter liz and their plans and doesn't communicate with dee. dee thinks, bob is brainwashing liz and that he is more likely being station out of the country without the family and that her daughter will be living with the step mom in her hometown. if bob goes out of the country, shouldn't liz be awarded custody to dee instead of the step mom until he gets back? if bob would stop dee's visitation rights and any contact with the child, is dee still required to pay child support?




depending on the situation dee my get the child for the time the father is away. Does the child really not want to see her mom? Would it be a crime to let her stay there until his return? Is the step mom willing to care for his daughter and is she able to do it? I think what needs to happen is that mom and daughter need to talk this out. It is not dads job to tell mom that her daughter doesnt want to see her. If the daughter is old enough to speak she is old enough to talk about what is happening with her mom. However, mom has to remember that she cannot blame the child the the feelings that she has. Everyone has feelings and should be allowed to express them what ever they may be. This is between mom and daughter. There should be no middle man or woman. Dad has no rights to stop visitation, he would be in contempt of court if he does. (not real legal advice) Your child is old enough to know what she wants and that should be what the decision should go by. Hope this helps.

[Edited by NINAML on 05-29-2001 at 11:05 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential