• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daughter moved in.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my daughter just moved in with me and my husband. we live in missouri, she was living with her father in illinois.
my son still lives with his father. since she moved in, can i have the child support modified to were neither one of us pays the child support?


Grandma B

You need to get a modification of the custody order. So long as he is the CP in the eyes of the court, you are still liable for child support for both children.


Senior Member
modification of custody and support is needed. (if you file for custody and receive it, the support should automatically be modified)

you will also need proof that she is residing with you and how long she has been there. is she enrolled in school? have you transfered her school recrods yet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential