• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter's Grandmother Has Custody..I Need Advice Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChloeDancer

My ex-boyfriend's mother went behind my back and filed for temporary custody of my 3-year-old daughter while I was hospitalized for depression after an abusive relationship. We had a verbal and very sincere (I thought) agreement that she would take care of my child until I was doing better. Well, when I got out of the hospital, I received a summons to appear at the Full Custody hearing the day before I received the summons. I talked to the officer and he said it was their mistake and told me to call the clerk. Since I knew nothing about the hearing, the judge awarded the grandmother full custody of my little girl and it looked like I just didn't care enough to show up. This has absolutely broken my spirit. My daughter is all I live for, but I currently don't have the resources for a judge to award custody to me. Her father is completely out of the picture, by the way. Will he have any say as far as the adoption attempt is concerned? He has never supported my child and hasn't not even seen her in almost 2 years. I feel like I have been completely blindsighted by this woman and I don't know why she did this to me. On top of everything else, we verbally agreed that I could see my daughter whenever I wished. Yeah right. Her grandmother avoids my phone calls and refuses to bring her to see me, all the while saying she just wants me to get on my feet so Chloe can be with me, her mother. This woman is messing with my head and I don't know how to cope. I rarely get to see Chloe, because it all depends on when her nanna will make the time to meet me at the park or somewhere. Well, last weekend while Chloe and I were playing, she asked if I would let her and her husband adopt my baby! I was completely stunned. All of this time she has pretended to be totally for making sure I got my child back. She has money and stability and I am currently struggling to keep my myself alive. I don't know what to do. I desperately need my baby back so I have a reason to live. Please help with any advice you can give me. Thank you very much.
Jen

rmet4nzkx

Duplicate thread
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=289631
Jen, You don't need to start multiple threads or delete the original thread.
Please call legal aid and also NAMI
NAMI Tennessee
HELP LINE
1 (800) 467-3589
Call us for help, information and referrals Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. CST.

Tennessee Department of Mental Health
CRISIS INTERVENTION AND INFORMATION LINE
1 (800) 809-9957
This line operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is open to anyone who needs mental health crisis services. Your call is routed to the closest crisis team. Someone is always available to answer and locate crisis services.

Social Services
211 SOCIAL SERVICES HELP LINE (in English and Spanish)
211 or www.211tn.org
Information about and referrals to social services of all types, from housing, to counseling, shelter, healthcare, employment, pregnancy, addictions, food and volunteer opportunities.

National Hopeline Network
SUICIDE HOTLINE
If you (or someone you know) is in immediate danger of committing suicide, call 911 now. There is help for you. Stay on the phone with the operator and wait for help to arrive. Do not hesitate to call. Your life is extremely valuable, and people care about you. Please reach out now for help.

If you are not in immediate danger of committing suicide, but need someone to talk with about your suicidal thoughts,
call the National Hopeline Network
1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
You may call this number from anywhere in the United States, 24 hours a day.

TennCare Partners Advocacy and Information Line
1-800 758-1638
242-7339 (in Nashville)
Customer service for the TennCare Bureau. At this number, you can get general TennCare information and ask questions about premiums and eligibility.

DBSA Information
DEPRESSION AND BIPOLAR SUPPORT ALLIANCE
1 (800) 826-3632 or visit www.DBSAlliance.org
Find out about local support groups at this number.

Youth Villages
CRISIS INTERVENTION FOR CHILDREN AND YOUTH
*Memphis area (866) 791-9226 *Rural west TN (866) 791-9227 *Nashville area (866) 791-9221 *Rural middle TN (866) 791-9222 *Upper Cumberland (866) 791-9223 *Southeast TN (866) 791-9225 *Northeast TN (866) 791-9224
Crisis counselors located throughout the state are available 24 hours a day to respond when children or young people up to age 18 experience psychiatric emergencies. Call if a young person experiences severe depression, suicidal or homicidal thoughts or behaviors, exhibits bizarre behavior, disorientation or hallucinations, or acts in a destructive, out of control manner. Always call when psychiatric hospitalization is being considered.

Borderline Personality Disorder Resource Unit

888-694-2273 or

www.bpdresourcecenter.org
An organization that provides free information, education and referrals to borderline personality disorder patients, familiy members and professionals.

"Exile on Main Street"

Online Forum About Homelessness and Mental Illness http://www.nathaniellachenmeyer.com/forum/index.php

A place to talk with others who are concerned about homeless people who have mental illnessess. You can post questions here and find resources.

ChloeDancer

I am sorry about that. I wanted to add a couple of things and change the title. I didn't know how else to do it besides deleting the original. Anyway, thank you for the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">