• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter's SSA income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyankee

I retired in 2018 and since i have 3 girls under the age of 18, they all get a monthly SSA check. I received year end 1099 forms from the government for myself and each of them. Do i report their incomes under my 2018 taxes?

LdiJ

I retired in 2018 and since i have 3 girls under the age of 18, they all get a monthly SSA check. I received year end 1099 forms from the government for myself and each of them. Do i report their incomes under my 2018 taxes?
No, their incomes would be reported under their own tax returns, assuming that they had any income that required them to file a return. The SSA income would not require them to file a return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">