• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

day care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelbrite

my ex refuses to give me copies of her w2 since she told me she received a large raise at her new company. i have told her that since the amount of day care we pay is based on both our incomes, and if she is making more then my percentage should go down, i would like to get things updated. she refuses. i have tried waiting for almost a year and have tried being nice, pleading and asking nicely for her to work with me, all of which she has declined. is my only recourse now to take her to court? can my lawyer just file papers and get a letter sent to her that she should comply with the support agreement that we set up here in new york state?

LegalBeagle

angelbrite said:
my ex refuses to give me copies of her w2 since she told me she received a large raise at her new company. i have told her that since the amount of day care we pay is based on both our incomes, and if she is making more then my percentage should go down, i would like to get things updated. she refuses. i have tried waiting for almost a year and have tried being nice, pleading and asking nicely for her to work with me, all of which she has declined. is my only recourse now to take her to court? can my lawyer just file papers and get a letter sent to her that she should comply with the support agreement that we set up here in new york state?
Your only option is via an attorney. Some people will start to comply once they realize you are serious and recieve a letter from your attorney. If not, then you get all her financial info during discovery. She will end up paying money for legal cost all because she refuses to work with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">