• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare childabuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

canton999

My sons ages 7 and 8 just revealed the NYC daycare, they used to attend between the ages of 3-5, used to frequently hit them and their classmates on the hands. How can I hold the daycare people accountable for their actions? What are my options?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What kind of evidence do you have? Anything other than the word of your 7 and 8 year old sons?

quincy

[My sons ages 7 and 8 just revealed the NYC daycare, they used to attend between the ages of 3-5, used to frequently hit them and their classmates on the hands. How can I hold the daycare people accountable for their actions? What are my options?
Have you asked the day care owner about your sons' claims?

According to your sons, was it one day care worker who swatted hands or did all of the workers swat hands?

I am not seeing that you have any legal recourse.

canton999

It was one of the teachers that swatted hands while other teachers look on. According to my sons, pretty much all the kids had experienced corporal punishments while there. The kids all got hit and humiliated in front of their class. and yes, so far it's only my sons words. But I can contact their former classmates' parents to find out about this as well. But since all of them were so little and so young, I am not sure how to go about this. Thanks.

quincy

I think you should speak to the day care owner first and see how the owner responds to the claims.

LdiJ

I think you should speak to the day care owner first and see how the owner responds to the claims.
I do not disagree with this, but its been 3-4 years since your children were enrolled there and its possible that the same staff isn't even there anymore.

quincy

I do not disagree with this, but its been 3-4 years since your children were enrolled there and its possible that the same staff isn't even there anymore.
True.

Plus, I am not really sure what can be done about the hand-swatting anyway, other than telling staff to not do it anymore.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Are you talking about a quick swat on the had
My sons ages 7 and 8 just revealed the NYC daycare, they used to attend between the ages of 3-5, used to frequently hit them and their classmates on the hands. How can I hold the daycare people accountable for their actions? What are my options?
I've reported your post due to it being a link. It is quoted above, sans link.

quincy

Are you talking about a quick swat on the had

I've reported your post due to it being a link. It is quoted above, sans link.
I quoted it without the link, too. Apparently the other site had no answer for canton999. ;)

dwidell

Sue. Hitting a child is abuse. Not to mention the mental damage it does to them. In the 1980's I recall growing up with teachers slapping us with rules when we did bad. One day it just stopped. Teacher slipped. We never saw them again.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sue. Hitting a child is abuse. Not to mention the mental damage it does to them. In the 1980's I recall growing up with teachers slapping us with rules when we did bad. One day it just stopped. Teacher slipped. We never saw them again.
Alright - that's enough. Just stop posting. Really.

quincy

dwidell, whether the hand swatting rises to the level of child abuse depends on facts not known. We do not even know if the events as described by the young child actually occurred as described.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">