• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daycare Invoices - Cannot Get Copy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swany

What is the name of your state? CA

I've filed for Contempt on my ex on 8 counts. Going to court in Oct. This is for non-payment of Support/Daycare. Claims self-employes making no money...and has filed Chapter 13 claiming he'll be paying me monthly for 60 months for the back $11,000 he owes. My attorney said he can go ahead and do this, but the Judge won't stand for it when she hears about it in court in Oct. So, now the ex is requesting daycare canceled checks and invoices from daycare provider for previous year. Our court ordered paperwork states I have to provide both if he requests. I've gathered the cancelled checks, that was no problem, however, I fired our daycare provider back in July and Licensing wrote her up for some violations. The daycare provider is not on an invoice system. This was communicated to the ex back when we started as he refused to sign any contract etc...therefore, I ended up paying for everything. So now we are no longer with this provider and I know she will not provide any sort of invoice to me even if I request it nicely. She's pretty upset about the whole licensing issue.....So, I want to make sure that I cover myself and try to provide this invoice, but I don't see how I can. Do I write her a letter to the daycare provider, copying the ex, explaining that the court has ordered me to provide an invoice of your services. She won't respond. Do I let this ride until we go to court for the Contempt in Oct.? Or do I pursue this now and subpoena her for this information? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you!

VeronicaGia

You must do everything you can to provide these invoices. Your plan is a good one. Write her a letter explaining that you are under court order to get these. If she refuses to comply you will have no choice but to subpoena her. Copy the ex. Send all documentation registered mail, return receipt requested to prove you've sent it and to prove it was signed for (or rejected).

I wouldn't let it ride. He does have the right to those copies and it's not his fault she will not provide them. Doesn't sound like it's your fault either, but writing a few letters to prove your good intentions will go far with the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">