• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Days off...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scrabtree

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL
I have a small problem, I work for Nissan Forklift in Marengo IL.
I have been there for 11 years.
Two weeks ago I was at work and after work I went into the parking lot and saw that someone had hit my truck (it was still touching the rear of the truck), I asked some people if they knew who's car it was, no one knew... I found a marker in my truck, wrote the liscense number down. Of course I was kind of angry and I wrote on the windsheild that "They would have to pay for the damage to my truck" also wrote "This huge parking lot and you had to hit my truck" :) I always park way away from other cars because people there don't care about anyone's cars... Anyway, The following week I went to the HR department to let them look at the camera to see who's car it was so I could get their information. They found out who it was and I talked to the guy a couple days later, to find out that he is probably illegal (immigrant) and won't give me his lis # or any insurance info. In the mean time I was called back to the office two weeks after the incident and I was given two days off without pay because I vandalised a fellow employee's car. What can I do to get my truck's bumper replaced and I also would like to find out if its really vandalism, there was no permanate damage to his car, easily cleaned off of his windshield. But I am out 300 bucks and I have a damaged truck bumper.
Its not like I broke his window out or anything like that, that caused damage to his car.
Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is really vandalism. Whatever made you think that the damage had to be permanent before it could count as vandalism?

If you have not reported the damage to your own insurance company, do so now. They may be able to get the information about the other guy's insurance.

Your employer did nothing illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">