• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCF wants to remove my child in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

image001

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? I am in Florida I am having a problem with DCF. My daughter and her boyfriend were in a heated argument and he almost broke her arm. Because she is pregnant with his second child she went to the hospital and they called DCF. The field rep, Roy, from the Department of children and families insisted my daughter press charges and she did not want to. This has turned into a total nightmare for all of us. She is constantly getting text messages and phone calls from Roy at DCF threatening her that he is going to take away her child if she doesnt press charges. He gave her ultimatums , we don't know what to do. He came to my house with 2 armed officers and he said go to court and press charges or my supervisor says I have to take away your baby. My daughter has been hysterical over this and it only gets worse. So she is scared and she presses charges and the boyfriend is thrown in jail. Now the harassment goes deeper. She must file (and me, now they are involving me) , so she and I must file a petition to have the father permanently removed from the child. The calls and texts don't stop. Now I spoke to the supervisor, Ms Gibson. She says you must sign forms that the father cannot ever see the child again and you will call the police if he comes near. Now I am a wreck , my daughter is a wreck. My daughter is scared and cries all the time. We love that baby so much and it is a horrible situation and only gets worse. It has been 2 months, the visit last night was at 1 am. the police and Roy came to my house to remove the child. DCF filed a complaint saying the child was abused. This child has never been abused. This is a happy , sweet, intelligent 2 year old girl who loves her mother and father and me. I am scared and don't know what to do. Please some advice. thank you

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why on earth would your daughter want this person around her child?

ETA: How old is your daughter? The father? Has paternity been established? Was the child present when they fought? Is he still her b/f?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? I am in Florida I am having a problem with DCF. My daughter and her boyfriend were in a heated argument and he almost broke her arm. Because she is pregnant with his second child she went to the hospital and they called DCF. The field rep, Roy, from the Department of children and families insisted my daughter press charges and she did not want to. This has turned into a total nightmare for all of us. She is constantly getting text messages and phone calls from Roy at DCF threatening her that he is going to take away her child if she doesnt press charges. He gave her ultimatums , we don't know what to do. He came to my house with 2 armed officers and he said go to court and press charges or my supervisor says I have to take away your baby. My daughter has been hysterical over this and it only gets worse. So she is scared and she presses charges and the boyfriend is thrown in jail. Now the harassment goes deeper. She must file (and me, now they are involving me) , so she and I must file a petition to have the father permanently removed from the child. The calls and texts don't stop. Now I spoke to the supervisor, Ms Gibson. She says you must sign forms that the father cannot ever see the child again and you will call the police if he comes near. Now I am a wreck , my daughter is a wreck. My daughter is scared and cries all the time. We love that baby so much and it is a horrible situation and only gets worse. It has been 2 months, the visit last night was at 1 am. the police and Roy came to my house to remove the child. DCF filed a complaint saying the child was abused. This child has never been abused. This is a happy , sweet, intelligent 2 year old girl who loves her mother and father and me. I am scared and don't know what to do. Please some advice. thank you
The child is 2 years old and this has been going on for two months. The child has been abused (i.e. endangered) if she was in the home when your daughter and her abuser had an "argument" and he almost broke her arm. Is the 2 year old HIS child? Your daughter needs counseling as do you if you are making excuses for this treatment. Your daughter is pregnant and arguments don't break bones. Sticks and stones do but words don't. Hence, boyfriend was being physically abusive. And this is NOT legally YOUR problem. This is your daughter's problem. Sounds like she has to choose between her children and her boyfriend.

If he almost broke her arm, next time he may "almost" kill her. Then what?

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I find it telling that the name of the DCF caseworker is mentioned repeatedly, describing his actions negatively, while in all of the initial post there was never one negative thing said about the abusive boyfriend.

Earth to image001: your "problem" is not DCF. Your "problem" is that you and your daughter her boyfriend's behavior acceptable. If you STOPPED finding the boyfriend's abusive behavior tolerable and shut him the %&^% out of your daughter and granddaughter's life, DCF would not be in your hair.

Just Blue

image001, You have spent your life as a victim of DV haven't you? Yeah...You taught your daughter well on picking a "man". When you visit the morgue to identify the body of your daughter and, horrifyingly, your grandchildren...Remember this thread and the attitude you expressed here.

Eekamouse

Oh that's just great. Where was the 2 year old when daddy almost broke mommy's arm? Right there witnessing it?

quincy

We haven't learned how old the daughter is.
I know. I asked for ages.

With the mother involved, though, it does not sound like the daughter is an adult, and the actions of DCF and the police seem harsher than they would be against someone who "almost" broke an arm.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">