• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCS TOOK MY CHILD 5 years ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sj901

Dcs took My child from me five years ago, Because of allegations of abuse.
My son was given to my grandfather. And a little bit less than a year after he was taken from me the court concluded There is no abuse from myself but charges were filed against my ex-boyfriend who I’ve been broke up since the incident occurred (I just heard he was Recently indicted and picked up by US marshals within the last 5 months)
Mind you that the incident occurred five years ago.
At the time of the incident I was struggling with drug addiction but in the five years we’ve been separated I have been clean and drug-free I haven’t had any run-ins with the law
But I still haven’t been able to see or speak to my son for five years
I’m not trying to take my son away from my grandfather I just want to be able to visit him. I don’t know what to do or who contact I contacted my grandfather And asked if we could start visitation and let him know that I am drug-free etc. but he will not let me see him or talk to me and says Dhs said no
What should I do

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I'm sure there is a DHS caseworker assigned to your case. What did they say when you asked them your questions?

Just Blue

My son was given to my grandfather. And a little bit less than a year after he was taken from me the court concluded There is no abuse from myself but charges were filed against my ex-boyfriend who I’ve been broke up since the incident occurred (I just heard he was Recently indicted and picked up by US marshals within the last 5 months)
At the time of the incident I was struggling with drug addiction but in the five years we’ve been separated I have been clean and drug-free I haven’t had any run-ins with the law
I’m not trying to take my son away from my grandfather I just want to be able to visit him. I don’t know what to do or who contact I contacted my grandfather And asked if we could start visitation and let him know that I am drug-free etc. but he will not let me see him or talk to me and says Dhs said no
What should I do
Weren't you given a case plan that would lead to reunification?

Sj901

Yes but when I went back to court there were no abuse findings against me
I called and emailed my case worker many times with no response even brought screenshots proving it and still nothing was done
So I focused on my recovery getting back on my feet and now i don’t even know what to do
Should I file a petition for visitation or what

Just Blue

Yes but when I went back to court there were no abuse findings against me
I called and emailed my case worker many times with no response even brought screenshots proving it and still nothing was done
So I focused on my recovery getting back on my feet and now i don’t even know what to do
Should I file a petition for visitation or what
Weird. Yes...File in court for visitation. How old is your child?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What should I do
File with the court of proper jurisdiction (juvenile court most likely) and ask for a visitation order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">