• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dead Beat Dad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yolanda

I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that the law was trying to catch Dead Beat Dads. Do know that in the State of Michigan they require you to provide them with the information on the absent parent before they will even attempt to find them. I had a case opened in Kansas City (I never lived there)where my daughters father was stationed (US Army). Well, he was paying the state of Georgia back from when I received public assistance for my child. Once he paid Georgia back, they closed my case which in turn stopped my child support. Now I live in Michigan and they say that there is nothing that they can do to help me with an address for him. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should pursue this issue?

Y

yolanda

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bellestar:
how old is your daughter?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My daughter is nine years old.

L

LadyBlu

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yolanda:
I'm a little confused. I was under the impression that the law was trying to catch Dead Beat Dads. Do know that in the State of Michigan they require you to provide them with the information on the absent parent before they will even attempt to find them. I had a case opened in Kansas City (I never lived there)where my daughters father was stationed (US Army). Well, he was paying the state of Georgia back from when I received public assistance for my child. Once he paid Georgia back, they closed my case which in turn stopped my child support. Now I live in Michigan and they say that there is nothing that they can do to help me with an address for him. Does anyone have suggestions as to how I should pursue this issue?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have his name and SS # you can apply for assistance through your state atty generals child support enforcement agency and they will track him down and establish or get child support payments back in forcce.

Is there a child support order already established through the courts?

Y

yolanda

The child support that I had received, was through the Kansas courts but no one seems to
acknowledge that. So yes, my child support was court ordered and we took tests to establish paternity.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LadyBlu:

If you have his name and SS # you can apply for assistance through your state atty generals child support enforcement agency and they will track him down and establish or get child support payments back in forcce.

Is there a child support order already established through the courts?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">