• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deadbeat/Loser/Manipulative Mom-MN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jewele

My husband has sole/legal custody of 13 yr daughter. Scheduled to have support hearing in July. Bio mom has been making nearly 40K a year. Rcvd letter today from her attorney stating that she is unemployed and seeking unemployment from the state and that she may have cancer and is awaiting surgery. Our attorney said that for what his legal fees would be to pursue this and the small amount we would get from the ex, would not be worth it for us to continue!!! Don't the courts look at her earning history and potential? Doesn't the ex have to prove she has been layed off and that she has cancer? She has an affiliation with a Native American tribe that apparently helps her out. We have been going thru this for 15 months! This is not the way we wanted it to end. I feel like we are giving up too easily!!!!! Why wouldn't our attorney try to get something for us? Extemely frustrated....

LegalBeagle

jewele said:
My husband has sole/legal custody of 13 yr daughter. Scheduled to have support hearing in July. Bio mom has been making nearly 40K a year. Rcvd letter today from her attorney stating that she is unemployed and seeking unemployment from the state and that she may have cancer and is awaiting surgery. Our attorney said that for what his legal fees would be to pursue this and the small amount we would get from the ex, would not be worth it for us to continue!!! Don't the courts look at her earning history and potential? Doesn't the ex have to prove she has been layed off and that she has cancer? She has an affiliation with a Native American tribe that apparently helps her out. We have been going thru this for 15 months! This is not the way we wanted it to end. I feel like we are giving up too easily!!!!! Why wouldn't our attorney try to get something for us? Extemely frustrated....
The real stinker is.. if the NCP was male, it would make no difference in court.. but because the NCP is a woman, your attorney is probably right in that she may get away with it. I suggest you instruct your attorney to continue with the case, postpone it for a month if you have to so as to give her time to have more tests. If after a few months she can not prove her claims, then nail her ass to the court wall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">