• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deadline for hospital making claim (TX)?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Garp72

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Texas

I am experiencing a problem in TX. The history - 2 hospitalizations, one in April and one in May of 2000, were sent to collections about a month ago. (I did not know these incidents were unresolved.) Primary insurance company saying it will deny claim due to delay in claim. Originally there was a problem with the claim because my primary insurer required an EOB from my secondary insurer and never received it. My secondary insurer was the hospital where I was employed.

In Texas, is the hospital making the claim legally bound to do so within a certain timeframs and, if yes, what is that timeframe as dictated by law? What are my rights if the secondary insurer (who is also my employer) does not submit an EOB at all? Any input you can offer would be awesome!

how's that jofjones?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">