• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dealer took Post dated check for downpayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Pa

Ok, I went to the local dodge dealer and bought a new 206 car. I offered 10k as a downpayment. I said it would take a month to come up with the downpayment and gave them $3k right then and there. They let me give them 2 post dated checks, which they would deposit 2 weeks from each other. They made me date them for the date that I wrote them and they had me sign a hold check form. I also signed all the finance paperwork and they sent the paperwork to Chrysler. Now today I find out that the one check bounced because it was overdrawn and there wasnt enough to cover the check. What happens now? Can the dealer come get the car?

pojo2

Did you not know that the check was coming through and have funds to cover it or did they deposit it BEFORE the date they were supposed to?

Or do you just have a rubber check bouncing around out there?

no, it was my screw up. My paycheck wasnt as much as i thought it would be. So, what now? Can they get the car? They already sent everything to the finance company

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">