• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dealing in stolen property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? florida (pasco county)

i have an outstanding failure to appear warrant for my dealing in stolen property charge that is about 1yr. old. i no longer have a public defender since i never showed up to court. here are my questions-

1)is there any way i can find out what kind of time the state is going to recommend before turning myself in??(wthout hiring an attorney,i dont have the money for one right now)

2)is there a statue of limitations on this?i never appeared before a judge on this charge.i bailed out the same day.

thanks for any help or advice


Senior Member
No, you cannot find out in advance. The statute of limitations limits how long the state can take to charge you. Since you have already been charged, there will be a valid warrant for your arrest until you take care of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential