• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dear Diary??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jessie7

Hello!

I was involved in an auto accident last year in FLorida, I was not at-fault. A friend of mine told me that I should start a journal and write down everything that has happened to me as a result of the accident.

Unfortunetly, due to work and other activities I never sat down and started one.
My case is going to mediation in September. Is it too late to start a journal now? THe accident and all the treatments and details are still pretty fresh in my mind but will it really help my case????

just curious...
thanx for the advice,
Jessie

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Keeping such a journal DOES help because it is supposed to be a written version of what is happening to you as it is happening to you. I.e. i always recommend writing it on a word doc because it has under properties section date and time created.

It helps with the recollection of events, with amount of pain and suffering and medical treatments you underwent. Helps the judge determine whether or not the amount you are asking for is a good estimate of all the "stuff" you went through.

Hope this helps.

J

Jessie7

Well, I guess I'm going to try and put one together but Im going to write it down in a composition book instead of using Word, due to the timing and how close my mediation is...
thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">