• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death Of A Loved One

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

not know

What is the name of your state? va. my cousin just past away a week ago. she had no huband are children. she has a brother and a half sister. but she has no will theat we can find as of today.so who are how many people can step in and take care of her bills and other things. she has a car and a condo and in the event of her death they are to be paid off. but who has the right to take cate of things? also is anyone aloud in her home? even him he says he is because he is the brother. he says that all her things are his now.he has taken her car to his home as well as her personel pappers from work. that might have a will in them we dont know. should he have taken those things to his home are to hers? i think he should have so they can be look at for inventory. she loved her brother but they did not get along that well. he did not even know what was in her home.i dont want him to destroy what is left of her good name because he is just out for the money. she was a good person and a great women to young to die at 40.please help me with her mony hungry brother. thank you. :(

Last edited:

K

krispenstpeter

If there is no will then her estate will be probated by state statute. ANYONE can petition the court to act as executor.

The brother is wrong. Since there is a car AND condo then the minimum Probate won't apply unless the value is under $50,000 combined.

You or the half-sister needs to contact a probate attonrey now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">