• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

death on the job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pjboston

My father was a resident of Massachusetts, but worked in New Hampshire. The company headquarters is in Massachuetts. He had heart failure and died while on the job. He worked full-time at the company for 20 years. A few questions:
Is my mother eligible to receive workman's compensation?
How do they determine the amount of benefits due to her?
Can we sue for wrongful death since this happened during an argument about work issues?
Can we sue the company even if we receive a workman's comp settlement?

thanks

ALawyer

My condolences.

This is one you ought to go to a GOOD personal injury lawyer on, one familiar with both MA and NH law. They provide a free initial consultation.

Also, different states have different WC death payment limits, and given the extremely difficult time you could have in proving causation or wrongful death, the choice of venue may be critical.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">