• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death threat's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarms

What is the name of your state?Florida
I received a message on my voice mail from a guy who is involved with a dispute with a family member of mine, I have nothing to do with this dsipute. Anyway, on the message he stated he had friends and if you F*** with me then you F*** them, and you are finished, Done, Wiped out. Then he said you will be wiped out, you are so done. I took this as a threat to my life. I still have the message saved. Is this enough to bring up charges and what are the penalty's for this.

S

seniorjudge

sarms said:
What is the name of your state?Florida
I received a message on my voice mail from a guy who is involved with a dispute with a family member of mine, I have nothing to do with this dsipute. Anyway, on the message he stated he had friends and if you F*** with me then you F*** them, and you are finished, Done, Wiped out. Then he said you will be wiped out, you are so done. I took this as a threat to my life. I still have the message saved. Is this enough to bring up charges and what are the penalty's for this.
I doubt that any prosecutor would file a case based on a drunken idiot's one voice mail.

But, if you think a crime has been committed, go down to the cop shop and file a complaint.

sarms

I was not planning on it, but if he continue's to call I was going to file a complaint. It was at 7:00AM, so I don't think it was a drunken call. Thanx for your response.

S

seniorjudge

sarms said:
I was not planning on it, but if he continue's to call I was going to file a complaint. It was at 7:00AM, so I don't think it was a drunken call. Thanx for your response.
Yep...it was a drunken call for sure. He had been out carousing....

You don't have to worry about the drunks who call you and threaten you.

It's the silent ones who are the killers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">