• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debit card wont give access to my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robintt1234

I have a debit card account and they have restrictions on it they say that they need copies of my Id my social security card and proof of residence well i have done this but they say my bank statement my income tax return papers or mail in my name at my address is not proof of residence

Just Blue

I have a debit card account and they have restrictions on it they say that they need copies of my Id my social security card and proof of residence well i have done this but they say my bank statement my income tax return papers or mail in my name at my address is not proof of residence
What state and who is "they"?

quincy

Proof of residence would be a utility bill or tax bill in your name with your home address.

Why is there a restriction on your account?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Proof of residence would be a utility bill or tax bill in your name with your home address.
Also mail directly from the IRS or State Treasury. Pay stub.

The easiest would be to call the bank and ask what they accept as ID. Ask specifically if what you have will suffice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Just FYI - this is not a bank, rather, it's a debit card that folks can add money to in various ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">