• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

debt collector not following the laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rital

What is the name of your state? Florida

I want to try to buy a house within a year, but I refuse to pay for a collection. I wrote a letter of dispute to this creditor, but I found out that they still proceeded to post this collection on my credit report. While searching the federal trade commission website, in section 809, it clearly states that they are required to send a written notice. I was never sent one. How can they just ignore my letter of dispute, and what can I legally do about it since I didn't initially send the letter certified-return receipt? Can I call them and still dispute it saying they broke laws? Please help if you can....

bigun

If it's not in writing, it doesn't count. Resend the complaint CRRR and begin the paper trail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">