• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Debt settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mobbdeep

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Hello,

I am just inquiring about the process it takes for a debt settlement to show up on my credit report. I was sent a letter to settle a little amount that I couldn't pass up especially for the amount that was originally owed. I paid the settlement amount a day or two earlier than the final date I had to pay it on in order for the settlement to be valid. I received a letter on April 23rd confirming the settlement amount and that I agreed to have it directly debited from my bank account on April 25th, in which it did. For about a week, I was able to login to their payment system to view the details of my account with them but now I can't access it at all. It states that the ID that's mentioned on the letter is not an ID in their system yet it was the one I always used to check the payment status and to also make the make the payment initially.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is that the account I agreed to settle and paid was a closed off account but Experian is still showing it as Revolving/Closed/Charge-Off and not showing that it was paid or anything.

Thank you!

adjusterjack

It's only been a couple of weeks. Might take a month or two for the adjustment.

If you don't want to wait, you can file a dispute and provide a copy of your settlement letter to the credit bureau.

mobbdeep

It's only been a couple of weeks. Might take a month or two for the adjustment.

If you don't want to wait, you can file a dispute and provide a copy of your settlement letter to the credit bureau.
Thank you. I will wait out the month for it to be reported. I just wasn't too sure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">