• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deceased employer owes employee unpaid wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yoyos1ws

For $158k, you should have attorney's jumping at this.
Every attorney so far either tells me my case is a Probate Case, not Employment, or vice versa, I just filed with the Ca. Labor Board so hopefully they can help resolve this issue. I had two attorneys say they won't to take my case for 33% of a house, I just started actively searching for an attorney so will see.

yoyos1ws

Why did you choose not to accept payment (in cash or by check) for your services?

Who wrote the language of the employment contract?

Has the trust been filed with the county courthouse probate court?

If so, have you seen the trust? What does the trust say should be done with the house?

Trusts also have an obligation to pay the decedent's debts, and there is no court designated form to use, but the request must be properly worded.

Discuss this with a trust lawyer so you can be sure it is done properly.

For your own information, please review the information at the following link:

https://www.orangecountyestateplanninglawyer-blog.com/trust-creditor-rights-claims/
*******************************************************************************************************************
I received $4000. the last four months I worked for them but I was expected to cover all the household expenses with that. The trust was filed and everything in the trust went to the son. I thought I could only make creditors Claim in probate. I have a copy of that trust it was from 1991but in 2010 the mother wrote a final will and changed the benefactor the Will left the son $5000 the house was left to Donna and I'm her benefactor

yoyos1ws

I received $4000. the last four months I worked for them but I was expected to cover all the household expenses with that. The trust was filed and everything in the trust went to the son. I thought I could only make creditors Claim in probate. I have a copy of that trust it was from 1991but in 2010 the mother wrote a final will and changed the benefactor the Will left the son $5000 the house was left to Donna and I'm her benefactor
The mother and daughter wrote the employment contract

LdiJ

YOUR right, what i meant by taking care of expenses was that I was in charge of managing expenses, so pardon me please, also I don't know where you live but that $1000 of his MOMS $$ barely covered the cost of utilities and thats about it, I paid what that $1000 didn't cover I came out of pocket each month FYI from my money that I collected in rent from a home I own, FYI. I appreciate all your helpfulness with my situation its very enlightening I'm just not sure if its helpful or your just coming off as hateful to me idk I could just be sensitive, you figure it, out since you have all this figured out, and while your at if you should check out the salary a live in caregiver receives and what there job description is. EMPLOYEES don't PAY their employers bills and costs of living expenses its not a part of the employment description and the employees doesn't paay to provide care they get PAID for it, and they also receive FREE ROOM and BOARD in most cases but KNOW where will you find one PAYING $1,100 to $1,500 in rent THATS RIDICULOUS and another thing nobody paid any of my expenses either. MY goodness you act as though Caregivers sit around and eat bon bons all day.
You really do need an attorney. This is not something that you are going to be able to handle without one. I am a little less pessimistic than some of the other responses that you have received, but this is not something that you can handle on your own.

quincy

I doubt you will be able to collect $158,000 in past wages. But the lawyer who reviews the matter for you might see it differently.

I wish you had sought out an attorney's advice BEFORE you agreed to the caregiving arrangement originally. I am afraid this is not going to work out as you hope.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">